Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

siz
on 2019-10-18
08:48:00
 Re: DAAD's Home! Hibernated 1 & Eight Feet Under

First of all I'm glad that finally I created something that could make it to the front page. grin

Seriously: a few thoughts on DAAD:
- I did the conversion using the official sources of the C64 version
- as I only had the sources of the interpreter (and not for the editor) I had to make it as compatible with the C64 version as possible
- that includes the original C64 memory layout as the editor creates a graphical database with hardcoded memory pointers
- that resulted losing two rows of text in the bottom of the screen as graphics is located at $e000 and I/O area is covered by colours
- this in fact lead to binary compatibility with C64 save games so you can save your progress on one of the machines and continue on the other
- the engine profits from the higher clock speed of the plus/4: the text output is much faster
- the loader is capable loading both the plus/4 and C64 versions from the last used device number using KERNAL loader so you can use it on an SD2IEC too
- I don't know many C64 releases with the DAAD engine but all of them should work with the plus/4 one, you only have to change the interpreter for EDIPLUS4.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024