Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2019-10-02
16:01:43
 Re: Can PLA assist in memory expansion?

@MCes
Thank you for your detailed answer.
I do not want to questionmark your knowledge, and I am far from that (1) no intention 2) not enough HW knowledge for that).

It annoys me that so many seemes to be sold, and we do not understand why and how.
-I had a friend who had this 64K expansion, but was rather expensive, so my parents --decided to build in for the 60% of the price (so in fact my C16 had cut traces). I pushed my parents because we played nice Karate King on that expanded C16. It worked.
-Pigmy just recently confirmed, that he had a C16 with a 64K external expansion, most of his 64K conversions made with that. It was unstable, because overloaded the C16 weak PSU, but otherwise it was OK, and he still owns that C16 (his conversions seems to be the confirmation to that).
-Also, an INTERNAL 1MB expansion used that RAMEN connector, but with +5V.
http://solder-synergy.de/plus4/hardware/makers/1meg.gif

Certainly I cannot be sure that all those 64K expansions listed in the HW section all REALLY worked.
The only (branded) 64K memory expansion was Kingsoft, it was INTERNAL and connected directly to the TED IC place, and certainly Kingsoft was approaching a really working and safe solution.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024