Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Tyrex
on 2019-08-31
16:18:31
 Re: Alpharay Plus/4 just released at Evoke 2019

Hey Stefan, congratulations for making the technically most advanced game ever (once again!) on the 264 series. I am playing it on my real machine. I had no problems transferring it to disk, using a 1541U2 with Turbo Nibbler on C64. (I suppose there are way better copy tools, but it worked for me anyway.)
The game plays quite well considering the amount of sprites on screen. It's just a bit too hard. Continues would be nice, and perhaps if the energy bar would not empty so quickly. The latter could be another good way to do different difficulty levels. But anyway, I'm making progress. Slowly though, but still. I managed to get to the second level in Normal mode.
Thanks for the info about the "Pause" bug. I thought there maybe was something wrong with my hardware. Glad it's not.
What I especially like about the game graphics is that the (many!) colors of the sprites seem to be independent of the background colors. At least it looks like they are. I've never seen that in any other 264 game, not even yourselves before. Finally the player sprite has the same colors in every level. Yay!
And I spotted many references to Thunderforce IV besides the obvious R-Type and Nemesis.
Great game!

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024