Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Mad
on 2019-08-18
18:44:34
 Re: Alpharay Plus/4 just released at Evoke 2019

Yeah Doug we started without HSP and had a lot of graphic glitches at start. And used a doublebuffer. I always told Kichy, if Bubis delivers all the bugs will be gone. And finally he delivered. We have to copy the screen from time to time currently, though. It's not an AGSP "just" an HSP. But it saved a lot of the games appearance.. Hats off for Bubis!

Edit: There are many other tricks involved.. Degauss coded a Colorclash reduction some years ago. And instructed me on the idea behind it.. And a lot more novel technical stuff. Like decrunching the levels on the fly etc..The HSP is the biggest achivement technically. It made the singlebuffering approach a lot easier for us, too..

And yes we don't move the sprites by 8 pixels (like it was told on Facebook). And yes we mask the sprites if needed. And yes there is a lot more technique involved by several people. I am even happy to be able to use Bitfire with all it's features. It's a good time for plus/4 coders..

I am just happy that it all worked out in the end.. The first versions of the game looked a little bit disturbing because of many glitches.. Some really seemed unfixable for a very long time.. Thanx for the patience of the team especially Kichy.. The game seemed more like a glitchy Kamikaze project.. Happily no one complained about it..

Thanx to all involved..

Have to sober from the party now!! Thanx for the kind comments of you guys!

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024