Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2019-08-05
07:58:12
 Re: Árok 2019

OFF
Actually the Last Ninja I saw on Arok is very simililar stage to the one we could saw as a video on this thread.

I saw some small improvements in gfx, and enemy collision detection.
What Ati cannot help, that in his version the sprite need to be multcolor too, while in case of C64 they utilized hires HW sprites for better resolution.

What is really impressive, the speed of the drawing, how you get into a new scene.
The original C64 code for this written in FORTH (really close to assembly), but as ATI confirmed, he uses the same elements and drawing method. And this is where it turns into magic!
Worth to compare it to the C64 version, +4 from Ati is lightning fast compared to the C64 came from a well known professional SW company (!!!)
As he pointed out (and yes, I did not realize myself), that if he would store the full screens in memory, it would not fit. So, it is just blazing fast! happy

According to my view, the sprite handling is a little too fast, who can move their legs so fast? happy I suppose a half speed change of the leg animation would solve this. (what I told to Ati too)

ON

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024