Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Hypex
on 2019-08-02
04:38:37
 Fast disk copy from 1541 to SD2IEC?

Hi guys.

With the advent of the SD2IEC I'm wondering if there are any turbo disk copiers that would work with an SD2IEC? I have my collection of disks from when I was a teen I wish to back up. The logical way would be to hook up the 1541 then daisy chain the SD2IEC. So that a copy can be made from the 1541 to the SD2IEC as an image.

I've searched for info online and found people doing SD to 1541 with one video I found. But why would anyone want to go backwards like that? I'm surprised I found it hard to get info on going 1541 to SD2IEC. Even with the popular C64, it seems this is yet to catch on.

In any case does the C16 have any turbo disk copiers suitable for a 1541 that will be compatible with an SD2IEC? Does a standard disk copy program even work?

Right now I am using my Amiga to backup my classic disks. With an Easy1541 adaptor and driver. It can be unstable and I had to give up on filesystem mode as it is susceptible to freezes. But the disk image copy works fine. However it takes almost ten minutes to read one disk side.

Mind you, by the time I setup a working Commodore 16 with my two drives attached and compatible software, it's likely my Amiga would be done already. Even if it takes two hours to back up ten floppies. grin

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024