Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Lavina
on 2019-05-24
04:16:27
 Re: They're Back! Berks Four!

Hi,

I have a snapshot of every level ending, because I thought that somehow at the end of the day the game should be played through straight and the level scores would add up... But of course I don't save and reload inside a world, at least it was not necessary for the first 3 worlds, they are really a piece of cake with these new features I mentioned in my upper edited post.

World 4 is different, I died really quickly several times and thought it would be a good idea finishing it up to see all new threats and finally the ending and then restart the world to get the highscore at a later time. Using invulnerability is not an option, rather reload to practice the new needed techniques.

I'm now at the last screen, I guess, and it's a real fun!! I finally figured out what to do there!! Can't wait to finish it.

In the early 90's when no more commercial games came out for C16/Plus4 I always ended up wondering what to play. I had two games that I liked completing over and over again, one was Mercenary, I knew my way around without any map, the other was Berks III. wink

One more thing I remembered. AFAIK the berks do not overlap, they evade each other. I think I saw them once or twice overlapping each other by one char position. Is it possible? It was only in World 4 where ***** SPOILER ALERT ***** the endless waves of berks come.

EDIT! :) Turned out it was not the last screen, rather the last puzzle room... :)) Now I'm at the last screen. :))

EDIT AGAIN: :)) Now I'm finished. Great game!!! Masterpiece!!!! Thanks so much for this adventure! I guess I'll give this now to my sons to try it (7 and 12).

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024