Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2019-05-15
13:48:40
 Re: Compatible Gamepads

Hey Chronos! Thank you for the hint! I ordered two, and will check the signals on the DB9 pins.

@Imperious
Thank you for the details and hires pictures!
Definitely it is not the same joypad, despite very similar facial and size, your PCB has two buttons, while the Aliexpress one has 4. When it arrived, I will open it up, and make some photos about the PCB and the components.
Thank you for the hint on the self-adhesive alufoil, I have that one used for my chimney, but seems to be OK for joypads too happy.

If those very expensive C= joypads and the cheapo Aliexpress of Chronos are very similar to each other on PCB and component level (I mean very very very much), then we need to buy 50 of them (the cheapo version), rework them as you told, start a company producing high quality self-adhesive cover foil with C#ommandor text, and sell them for much higher price. We will be rich! happy

PS
BTW this Commodore is NOT that Commodore.
It is an interesting topic, but some Chinese companies put an CE mark on the product does NOT have EU regulation.
How they can do it?
Use a slightly different logo. seems very very similar, and may cheat unaware customers.
https://ce-check.eu/ce-marking-topics/the-ce-mark-of-a-product-real-or-fake/
It is the case on that joypad, the C= logo is not correct, but from that point onwards they can say, it refers to a different Commodore company...

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024