Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2019-05-09
11:40:51
 Re: Maximum Dimension of arrays in Basic

Nice! I am really curious about the final implementation.

One question:
most of those XXX-BASIC extensions have a small problem. The program made with it, cannot be saved (compiled) in a way, that it could become a stand-alone program, could be run without loading the basic extension first. For example Sprite Basic can do impressive things, but you cannot share the code you have, or at least not so easy.
I read the GRAPHICS program details even in Club Info (quite impressive!), but I could not find, could it export the program as a self--runnable PRG.

@George: if you would draw the lines with POKEs like on C64 happy , that could be compiled by Litwr's compiler, and may "suffer" a 4-6x speed increase, maybe more... (I plan to find and download a C64 wireframe code, as it should be pretty easy to change the memory addresses, then compile it).

There guys below developed Real 3D, made their debut on C64, and their rotating wireframe BMW car took 10 seconds per frame (!) calculation in assembler(!). Any speed below that should not be surprising (eben in compiled mode).
These guys seems to be "pro", as based on their history they had first the idea of ray-trace, and even some of their sample gfxs known by me.
http://www.realsoft.com/history/

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024