Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2019-05-06
18:16:34
 Re: Although there are some minor issues...

RĂ¼diger was nice (as always) to put things together! Thank you guys for the hard work, also uploading these stuff to be available. Respect!

@Fonsis:
Nice prg!
I saw your comments about the lame coding, but I disagree with you.
You could not overcome the CPU and HW limitations, and you also realized CPU speedup (like the C128's FAST function, worked in the same way), so seems it was arther advanced for the period and knowing the HW limitations.

According to my knowlegde, none of the working compilers support any +4 gfx BASIC command, I mean no speedup happens (but the calculation behind may be faster). Maybe if you draw with POKEs, like on C64, then could be faster... happy

I suppose for the compiled prg it would take just too much free space to add all thouse gfx routines to the package. (BTW it would be nice a feature to pack only those BASIC code elements by the compiler that are really used by the PRG itself. Eh, I know it is already a pretty tough job to write a compiler).

I really DO HAVE some really lame code and releases (not as advanced PRG as this one), but I focus on the future possibilities, and that is my history :-D

PS and OFF
My thesis work was about fractal geometry and practical use on nonlinear calculations, also made a fractal drawing prg. But it was still only in 2D, and was still pretty slow on a 386, despite compiled in Turbo Pascal. So I can really respect the good code in that field happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024