Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Doug
on 2019-03-06
05:23:23
 Re: TED Bubbly arpeggios and other music questions

Hi Mozartkügel,

When I did Icicle Works I just manually de-tuned the values to create some interesting effects, but the music in that game is woefully inadequate compared to what can be achieved today (I was just a kid back then!).

For my new game I'm using Knaeckertraecker (did I spell that right?). To be honest I'm stalled out on the music front right now, because I find the UI utterly impenetrable (that and a lack of musical ability on my part!). My son has volunteered to write some music, but he's in the same position regarding the UI. So I am stuck in that regard (unless I have any volunteers reading this willing to help me out with some KT tunes, or Degauss manages to find time to make the UI easier for a mere mortal to understand happy.

As for integrating the output of KT, I find it very easy. My weapon of choice is Kick-Assembler (which is utterly awesome IMHO), so I have a simple work flow: use KT to export a tune to ASM, which spits out a DASM file. I then process this file through a simple awk script that converts it into Kick ASM syntax, and then import that into the assembly flow. Job done. You could do the same to convert to CC65. The actual nuts of bolts of integrating the tunes into the code is trivial.

Cheers,
Doug

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024