Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Mad
on 2019-01-30
08:37:43
 Re: Pets Rescue Psytronik preorders

Mozartkügel:

I paint the sprites in some empty (black) chars first.. The empty characters range from character 140 (or something) to 255.. After that the background graphics characters are combined with these now prefilled (prefilled with the sprite data) characters. If there is no background set at some character I just don't combine the background here, just leave it with the single color of this character (the 8x8 of the background has just some single color). (If the background has just some single color, the sprite painting is almost twice as fast.) Then I copy these now final characters onto the screens "tilemap".. So yeah you could say it's some sort of blitting but I use this (Amiga) term also to do any graphical operation which puts something to the screen.

The thing is to do as much operations as possible in an unrolled manner and to use jumptables for destinguishing different cases. Also we have some extra routine which paints the sprites clipped at the border (just the tiledata) and one which paints them midscreen. It's really no magic, but doing this stuff several times with different games and learning by doing from it.

Have a good day! happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024