Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Mozar​tkügel
on 2019-01-30
02:13:34
 Re: Pets Rescue Psytronik preorders

Back in the day I only had one friend with a C16 and one with a VIC-20 (had a C128 myself), so I think the interest has been there under the surface, but now it was finally awakened by Pets Rescue, Thanks! grin I do enjoy simpler games too, but it's obviously very exciting to see when the limits of an old system are pushed, hats off to your dedication, I know how much work even a much smaller game than this is.

Ahaa, actually I thought I was aware of that technique. Thanks for the explanation! Aparently the dots somehow didn't quite connect in my head. You are talking about blitting, does that mean that the sprites somehow are drawn on top of the background? I was trying to figure out the 'sprite transparency', I was thinking that maybe you check for the cell coordinates on which the sprite is, then draw the background cells to the sprite character cells and after that draw the sprite on top of that, again to the sprite character cells (I guess that would indeed be a kind of blitting). Sorry, I'm not the most technical person, but I love these things! (I've been doing my first steps of c64 and vic-20 coding the last couple of months and started some small plus4 coding yesterday) happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024