Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Mozar​tkügel
on 2019-01-29
02:27:32
 Re: Pets Rescue Psytronik preorders

To everyone involved in creating this masterpiece: Thank you for this astonishing game and congratulations for the achievement! What a wonderful game and polished end product! I've been playing it for a couple of nights and every part of it is fabulous, the graphics, the game-/level- design, the music and of course the coding, including the software sprites.

I really don't understand how you pulled off the graphic tricks? I see many other colors than the background color behind the main character and other colors in the background than the colors on the main character. That shouldn't be possible in multicolor mode, I'm baffled! Could a kind person in a short simplified way shed a light on how it's done technically? I found the sprite engine code, but I'm not sure if I can decipher what's going on there (certainly not at this point as a plus 4 noob).

I've always loved the c64, but I recently got interested in the VIC-20 because of 8-bit guys video and cheese and onion, now I'm also falling in love with the plus 4 / c16 largely because of this game. I already got the digital download but as a next step I will start putting aside some money for getting a real plus 4 or c16+64k and a physical copy of the game.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024