Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

hmoon60
on 2003-03-03
 Help Notepad is too small

Hey someone please help. Every time I try to download an emulator it comes up as a

notepad icon.And I was wondering if there was any software I needed to download in

order to make it work. Well if you know e-mail me at hmoon60@yahoo.com

Posted By

JamesC
on 2003-03-03
 Windows Notepad as Emulator Program

Clearly this person needs to be pointed in the correct direction.

Emulators cannot be run through the Notepad GUI. You must run Notepad from the DOS prompt, not from within Windows, and use the "-p:emulatorname" addition to the commandline.

Alternatively you can uninstall Windows and instead run a system based on CBMDOS, preferable version 3.5 or 7.0. However your harddrive will have to be reformatted to do this, and you'll lose all those pretty pictures of attractive females in various states of undress when you do this.

CBMDOS 3.5 and higher do not have the problem that Windows has with the Notepad. In fact, CBMDOS uses a true pencil-and-paper approach to Notepad rather than the typewriter approach.

<< Please notice that this post is intended to be humorous >>

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-03-04
 Re: Help Notepad is too small

I suspect you have a browser problem. I'd be glad to help you out, if you can describe the following:
- Which operating system are you running? (Windows 95, Windows 98, etc.)
- Which browser are you using? (Internet Explorer, Netscape, etc.)
- Which file were you trying to download? (Minus4, Yape, etc.)

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-03-04

Maybe you need to install Winzip or something like that because all the emulators have been zipped (compressed) so they are smaller for downloading....

?

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024