Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

RĂ¼diger
on 2003-03-01
 Beach Head

The Re-Relase from Beach Head is not from Mastertronic!!

http://plus4world.com/sd.php?pid=10787

Please look on your cover scan, there stand Americana Software!! And some other relases are from Americana Software, too.

The first relase from Beach Head comes from U.S. Gold.

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-03-01

We were told by the webmaster of http://old-arcade.com/mastertronic/ that Americana has something to do with Mastertronic. I don't have any prof of this and I find it odd but if you check his site and look at the release list for C16 you will see it there....

I'll add a little more info to Beach Head as I have the original release here. As always the whole site is work in progress and will always be wink

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-03-01

I'm not sure the real release year, but I do remember playing it when I first played Saboteur so thats going to be late 1985 to early 1986.

Posted By

Spector
on 2003-03-02
 It came out early 85, I think

I bought it in February or March 1985 if I recall and was disappointed - I couldn't get anywhere with it. Having played and enjoyed it on other machines many years later, I am interested in playing it again. Unfortunately I've lost the original US Gold tape. Time for Ebay...

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-03-02

1985 sounds right. I think I only loaded it up once or twice back then wink

I said late 85 becasue thats when I got it. 1985 was a funny year, not everyone was stocking C16/Plus4 then and you had to hunt every where for the games.

Posted By

TMR
on 2003-03-02
 Americana

Americana was just a label of Mastertronic's, like M.A.D. and Bulldog if memory serves. The original aim seemed to be the same as U.S. Gold's but on a budget level, to import titles from the U.S.A., but later they branched out. If memory serves (i can't check right now) Americana and Mastertronic even had the same postal address on the inlays...?

Posted By

Ulysses777
on 2003-03-02

Quoted from the back of the Beach Head inlay:

"Manufactured in the U.K. under licence from the International Computer Group by U.S. Gold Ltd. Distributed by Mastertronic Ltd., 8-10 Paul Street, London EC2A 4JH."

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024