Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2018-11-04
10:59:18
 Re: C16 no longer says "Press Play On Tape" ?!?!

If the same thing is happening on a C64 then the 1531 might be faulty, like a bent pin, a broken wire or a small screw has come loose and is now jammed making a short? If you have a 1530 for your C64 and that works fine then you know of course.

The only thing I've done to fix C16/Plus4's in the past are change chips and from what I've seen my gut feeling says there is a chance it may of damaged the TED chip in your C16...

As you may know Megadrive pads can damage the TED and crazy Auto Fire features on a joystick can sometimes damage the TED over time. Sometimes the keyboard is knocked out at the same time the joystick fault appears. On the surface it can look like the machine is 99.9% working yet like a software bug that fault is hiding within the TED chip as if one of the connections are faulty.

It's not an issue I have come across but if you have a spare TED that would be the first thing I would check but before you do... DO NOT use this 1531 on your C16, get hold of another 1531 that you know is working and test it on your C64 before testing it on your C16...and do this before trying a new TED.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024