Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Cloud​scout
on 2018-10-18
23:26:50
 Modem Compatibility

I recently picked up my first Plus/4 but I'm having some issues when trying to use terminal software. If I plug in a 1670 modem and load up some terminal software, nothing happens. The modem doesn't respond to any commands. If I plug in my WiModem I can enter AT commands but as soon as I try to connect to a BBS, nothing more appears on the screen. I've done some testing and it turns out that anything I actually type does get sent to the other end but as long as the connection is active, nothing gets from the modem to the screen. It's like flow control is broken.

Am I missing something?

Posted By

Cloud​scout
on 2018-10-19
00:33:44
 Re: Modem Compatibility

I figured it out. A small piece of electrical tape covering Pin K on the User Port connector of my WiModem and everything works perfectly.

Posted By

Retroshire
on 2021-04-27
06:43:36

Would it be sufficient to tape pin K on my wifimodem (C64 Wifimodem, Fotoman 1.0)?

So only the CTS line is in the way?

https://www.pcbway.com/project/shareproject/Wifi_Modem_for_Commodore_64__Nodemcu_CH340_.html

Posted By

MMS
on 2021-04-28
16:41:42

Actually it is told to be a HW bug of the outstanding 6551 ACIA.

Too bad, it was not really well documented, as it prevented to use the Commodore modems "as is", and I suppose a lot of ppl gave up after few trials the modems did not respond (and there was no internet at that time).

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024