Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2018-10-07
09:11:11
 Re: Plus4 another black screen but not always

Sorry I can't help with the power supply voltage of the Plus/4, UK ones are the cheese block with the square connection. Low volts that are listed on one of my Plus/4 PSU's are 9V~1A & 5V-1.5A.
The only thing I know for sure is that the C16 uses 9V DC, (ZX Spectrum PSU's also work on C16).

Maybe some one else here can help or ask on Lemon64.com forum under the "Other 8-bit Commodore computers" as a good number of people there mess about with both.

As for CRT's from my point of view... If you don't mind sitting in front of the screen like you would a desk top PC then your find 14" CRT's are the "optimum" size for picture quality. Anything above Playstation 1 is best suited to 20" or bigger but anything from Atrai 2600 to Playstation 1 your find 14" is best. The bigger the screen the bigger the scan lines...
While time is running out fast for CRT's as they are becoming fewer and fewer and prices are going up, thankfully 14" CRT's are the most common to find. The last era of CRT's to be made are mostly silver in colour being very late 1990's to early 2000's. Even cheap brands such as Mikomi to Goodmans, Sharp ect will give an excellent picture from this time as they all shared the same tube which I believe was a Phillips tube. If you find a nice one and love it then it's best to grab a spare for a rainy day.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024