Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-02-21
 Thats a tuff question...

How do we go about it when Mr Gertz has already failed to reply

here's a small teter...

Dear Udo,

We are very sorry to even think of asking this of you, but please if you do get a spare moment would be so kind as to read below and reply so we may leave you in peace. Many thanks in advance.

We are searching for Udo Gertz who is one of our greatest heroes from the late 1980's. He was the creator of some fantasic achivements programmed on the Commodore 16 eg.(Tom Thumb, Winter Events, Bongo). We believe Udo also had a wife named Brigitte Gertz who helped in composing the music for his works. Over the years Udo has been one of the most resepcted programmers on the Commodore 16 and we would like to send our thanks to him in return for the pleasure we enjoyed from his games.

Something like that, but it needs more added, but how do you keep it short??
You could point him to this forum where he does'nt have to reply to any email but could leave a small note saying I am Udo Gertz. That way we could reply and he can see that we respect what he did. We are not asking anything from him, but wow he was the king from Kingsoft. Also I feel we should say Commodore 16 seeing as Tom Thumb was C16 only first of all. Commodore 16 says and means all don't you think....

I've also wondered that Udo may of came from a country out side of Germany.. At the time Germany was in 2 half's, which side did he come from? Memorys of the past might be something Udo wishes to forget about?? You can only guess... This is also mad, because I was still at school I even thought that Brigitte might of been his sister, bedroom coding was the rage back than.......

My spelling sucks so please check it if you use anything, any more ideas we could add?

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024