Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2018-09-17
09:01:01
 Re: sic-p4 image converter

Had a bit more time to look at it, so here's some random feedback.
- It's really not that slow, in fact, on my machine, the conversion was pretty fast (few seconds).
- Having to pre-process the picture (scale down/crop) is a bit of a minus, since the other two converters work on pictures of any size.
- In terms of the UI: the way I see people using it is this: select a single picture, play with settings, convert. Play with settings, convert, etc. Perhaps it would make more sense to select the picture first, then have a single button to convert it again with the new settings.
- The title bar should have the program's name and more importantly version number. As you said you'll be updating it; so us (sites that catalog software) and users will need a way to be able to tell which version they are running.
- When saving PRG files for normal hires images, the PRG should run on C16... There's really no reason not to. I understand why you structured things the way you did, but IMHO it wouldn't be a big deal to make an exception. In other words, reset + GRAPHIC 1 should reveal the picture.

I want to stress that none of these are a big deal. Just stuff that I thought of while trying it out for the first time. I'm glad you're working on Plus/4 stuff, and you've created a solid conversion program, so kudos for that happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024