Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2018-09-10
09:39:13
 Re: Starting off again

If you have had a play with Knaecketraecker I'm sure you have worked a few things out. I only ever made one song but to save some messing about here are a few direct things you may want answers too.

Deleting Inputs
Use the Delete key to remove things like notes, volume setting, voice number ect.

1e
This is not as it reads but the letter L as in le. L = loop, e = end.

Volume settings are 0-F, as in 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E,F with 0 being Off and F being Max

Keyboard Layout
Lower Keyboard, PC keys row Z-> are the White Keys & row A-L the Black Keys
Upper Keyboard, PC keys row Q-P are the White Keys & row 1- - the Black Keys

Instrument box:
PT = Pulse tone or as I call it - normal TED sound
NT = Noise tone
1e = L & E. Loop and End positions
FRQ = Frequency value. 00 being default, any thing higher will change the pitch
VOL = Volume setting 0-F

Pattern Box:
IA = Instrument number
VA = Volume setting 0-F
NA = Note Value - (press the button Upper Oct/Lower Oct to change octaves on the PC keys)
CA = 1e as in L & E. Loop and End positions

IB = Instrument number
VB = Volume setting 0-F
NA = Note value - (press the button Upper Oct/Lover Oct to change octave on the PC keys)
CB = 1e as in L & E. Loop and End positions

Sequence Box:
# = pattern number
a = voice channel pattern/track number
b = voice channel pattern/track number
ctrl = 1e as in L & E. Loop and End positions

Starting with 00 under a and 01 under b, this will give you two patterns/tracks so you can enter your song.
So pattern #00 will read a = 00 & b = 01

If 00 is a bass track and you want to repeat this on the next pattern then #01 will read
#01 a = 00 b = 02
(b = 02 is a new tune pattern/track, so you keep the bass and can add new parts of the tune under 02)
And your two pattern sequence will now look like...,

#00 00 01
#01 00 02

Don't forget to use 1e as in Loop and End under crtl as you add more patterns - loop and end positions for your song...

Groove:
Save before you change anything!!!

Best thing to do is to copy the groove settings of a song you like and one that will suite your tune. Get the basics of your tune down and only then mess with the groove settings as it will change the timing from speed to the gaps in each note being played, it will even change how long or short your notes play. What it sort of does is miss place notes and add like a swing effect with-in your 4 beats to the bar type of thing and this was what I meant when I said there is a slight off sync timing going on. Messing with the groove afterwards will tighten things up or even change the style to something that sounds cool.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024