Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2018-06-26
16:48:45
 Re: Plus 4 Psu

I have 5-6 Plus/4 PSU's and while none have died I have spares ready and waiting and why I'll be sticking with them. Sure mine gets warm, maybe after an hour or so it'll be really warm to the touch but I normally take a break every now and then to put the kettle on. A couple of hours in and it's time for something to eat so I normally switch off to give it a rest before I return. Depends what I'm playing really.

One thing though which is obvious as you know, being that old always switch it off at the mains, (or pull the plug out) when your not using it/them.

I had a C16 PSU play up once. It didn't die or give a voltage overload but the reverse. It started to lack power and when I pressed play on tape it would sometimes reset the machine. I was scratching my head at first as it was random but yeah not what you might expect when something starts to fade. No damage was done to the C16 any way.

Indeed I have used a 48k ZX Spectrum PSU before now on one of my C16's, solid very good and didn't really get warm. I was tempted to stick with it which I did for a good while, but out of the blue I wanted to play Ikari Warriors on the speccy so took it back and put a C16 PSU back on the C16. wink

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024