Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-02-12
 Galaxy vs. Pulsar

Does anyone know what's the story with these two games? They are almost identical. Galaxy has a TAP version, so that may be the original, and Pulsar is a hack? Then how come Pulsar is (C) 1984 and Galaxy is (C) 1985? Weird...

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-02-12
 no :(

All I can say is Pulsar came from the million and 1 cracks I have some where along the line. It might of came from Mike Germany at a guess?

Galaxy came in a 2 game compilation called "Space 2", the other game was Pilot X. Sure it's Kingsoft, I don't recall Anco releaseing this game because it was released by MIDAS MARKETING (the compilation). Galaxy might of been released in germany as Pulsar as a single release??? I don't know....

A number of C16/Plus4 games ended up in compilations so quick that you never saw the original release and it even makes you wonder that some games were only to be released in that order eg.(Panzer Duel).

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-02-12
 Origins

I'm not sure where Pulsar came from either, but it was widespread, because I played it a lot in Hungary back around 1989 or so... I wanted to find out what was at the end, but I could never reach it, always new waves of enemies came up. Well, it would be nice to know what the real story behind this is...

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-02-12
 More Intresting stuff!

I just had a scan over at c16.de and they have an Anirog release!!! wow!

http://www.c16.de/seiten/tapes/galaxy.shtml

Posted By

Thomas
on 2003-02-12
 hmmm...

I have a Kingsoft compilation consisting of Grandmaster, Tom, Galaxy and Ghost Town...
- However, is it just me or is the manual they show on c16.de absolute crap?? Reads like it has nothing to do with Galaxy!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-02-12
 Re: Manual

That manual looks like it could be for Fire-Galaxy.

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-02-13
 Manual

Lord Voldemort, yeah your right big mistake I think from Anirog, C16.de's TAP does match with Tom Thumb's turbo and again with my version of Galaxy from Space 2 so they are all from Anirog/Kingsoft, who ever created and used that turbo of course.

My Space 2 info is very limited but is correct to the game.

Csabo, yeah could well be! I must have a look. Very strange happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024