Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Mad
on 2018-03-14
08:42:04
 Re: Starting off again

Hey Doug,

at Pets Rescue we used two techniques. One is using a max 8 pixel fld between two screen areas. So we have some unusable area (8 pix) between the two splits. (Perhaps this is not usable for a real split screen since it requires some area beeing just singlecolored e.g. with just the background color.)

At another place in the game we triggered a badline directly on the required rasterposition. I didn't find out how to trigger both required badlines (color ram, screen ram) to the right times, with all this scrolling stuff going on. So there the first character line of the second split screen doesn't have the right color ram data. Which is no problem since we used just the 3 other colors there. So you actually have to take care of two badlines if you do that stuff happy..

I think you need in any case a rasterstabilizer, we did it there just using a double irq.

I know there are experts here. How's about bubis? I know he knows this badline stuff to the max. I know many other plus/4 coders know this badline stuff, too. Let's see who joins this thread to help! happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024