Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

JoJo
on 2000-06-09
 Another C16/+4 emu

Hi Lando,

do you know MESS (http://mess.emuverse.com)?

It's a multi-system emulator, available for PC, Mac, Linux & Amiga - it supports more than 100 different systems, amongst them there are also c16, plus/4 and c364.

The degree of compatibility seems very good to me, but since I've never owned a real c16/+4 I can't tell for sure. The main issue with the emulator is that disk drive emulation is still preliminary, so it may give some problems with exotic copy protection schemes. Anyway the .prg format is natively supported, so you shouldn't have many problems to run most of the games.

Give it a look, if you want, and feel free to e-mail me if you have problems using it. Also feel free to report any incompatibility/bad emulation problems to the authors of MESS: they're waiting for this! ;) Their addresses are on the "contacts" page of the main site.

Bye,

Stefano 'JoJo' Priore

Posted By

MIK
on 2000-06-15
 Also Check out the Lone News page on the site !

Luca has supported Sid music on his later disk mags

Posted By

MIK
on 2000-06-15
 Try Dizzy Fantasy. This has Sid music on the intro Screen.

Just an idea.....

If you have a Fast AMIGA try Cp4 emulator as this supports SID perfect and you can compare this with mess if it works ?

regards,

Posted By

JoJo
on 2000-06-15
 SID chips

The driver should emulate the optional SID chip (both "flavours") but I don't have any program which make use of this feature... could you test it too, if you have any of these?

Stefano 'JoJo' Priore

Posted By

MIK
on 2000-06-14
 Thanks (nt)

Posted By

pzsolt
on 2000-06-14
 Sound test

I did not test the sound yet... but I will.

Greetings,
Zsolt

Posted By

Anonymous
on 2000-06-14
 Was there any sound ?

If so did it sound right ?

I don't have time to test Mess at all at the moment

Cheers,

Posted By

pzsolt
on 2000-06-13
 What a MESS...

Today I checked the MESS and I can tell you the followings:
- bad interrupt handling (Icicle series do not work)
- very good CPU emulation
- fast disk emulation
- terrible keyboard
- scroll and raster have some bug (Tom 16 works quite good, but the scroll is awful)
- hard to use...

After all, MESS is a very good project, the C16/Plus4 part will be fine. We - emulator authors - have to improve our emulators if we want to do the best.

Greetings,
Zsolt

Posted By

MIK
on 2000-06-09
 Sound great to me...

C16/Plus4 emulation is in it's early days. We need all the support we can get. My site is built around emulation as well as the real machine's !

How ever I would like to see the perfect emulation one day and put my over worked Plus4 way. I don't like getting dust on it

I have still haven't had time to look at mess emulation. Over the week end I will try.

Has anyone tried it yet who owned a C16 or Plus4 ? And is it as good as Minus4 or Winemu ?

I've had the mess link for some months so go check it out !

Cheers,

Posted By

Pyram​idHead
on 2000-06-09
 Look a few messages down the page... :)

I already suggested this & Lando already replied...

Personally, I think that MESS is under-rated and doesn't receive enough publicity, even compared to it's arcade oriented sister project, MAME...

It's just a shame that they don't include any system ROMS in the download so you have to track these down from other emulators...

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024