Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-02-05

Hi,

That garbage on the screen while loading is I think a random 1/2 wav multiloader bug as seen with Taskforce. The game will load or it won't kind of bug. I havent tryed Taskforce for a while, but if you loaded it and then did a soft reset and loaded it it again it would'nt work the second time round. The memory of emulation was messed up. I just tested my Terra Nova on beta YAPE 0.43 and got the garbage screen. So I droped back to 0.40 as a quick test and the title screen showed perfect as it does on Plus4 while loading. Then this was odd. I went back to beta 0.43 and the title sceen was perfect! ????

You may remember me going on about 1/2 wav's and multi loaders having major problems. I believe this is the case for Terra Nova as well. From memory (My Terra Nova tape got chewed up trying to make a working tap a 100 times..... ), the title screen does clear just before the game loads on plus4, so the video memory is being over written??... Running my TAP that does'nt happen on YAPE which makes me wonder if the game is loading into memory correct... The game does load all the way, music, speach and GFX all look fine although YAPE does have a problem with virtical scrolling. BUT, before long the game GFX starts to mess up while playing, you get so far up and the whole game does a wobbler big time.

Its a hard question... Terra Nova was always a bugger to load on my Plus4 so the tape might of been no good any way...

Has yours got the C16 version on the other side of the tape?

Out on a Limb TAP isn't working correct.. Ati fixed the TAP so it would load, but part2 did'nt even have the turbo bars flashing when it was trying to load and this isn't a 1/2 wav!

Winter Events took for ever to work properly. This also suffered the multiload 1/2 wav bug, but later YAPE did load it!! So the question is, is MTAP at fault or YAPE or both because some where these differnt turbos are causing problems.

My Terra Nova TAP since the day I lost my tape to the 1531 that got chucked in the bin has been archived, but I won't add it for downloading unless I know its 100% right. How every your llecome to grab it and compair notes with yours. Link: Terra Nova C16 and Plus4 versions.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024