Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Ty22M3
on 2018-02-22
08:09:09
 TAP to PRG. Is it possable?

Hi Everyone
I try add Commodore Plus/4 to Hyperspin.
WinVice emulator.
.PRG games start immediately.
But many games (in this site) i find only in TAP format.
This is prefect (like in childhood). But...press play on type..load...
Not for Hyper spin platform.
Questions:
1. how i can convert TAP file to the PRG?
2. Can i download all games together from this site?
Thaks for the help!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2018-02-22
08:21:23
 Re: TAP to PRG. Is it possable?

1. If the game loads only a single file, this is possible by "cracking" the game (just like in the old days). If it's a multi-loader, it could be very problematic. However, this should not be necessary at all. For the vast majority of the games, we already have PRG files, in fact I can't think of a single game that doesn't have a PRG file already. (Perhaps you're thinking of the Italian hacks, like this: Futureshock - in those cases, just look at the line that says "Original version:" and follow that link. These are only there for historical purposes, no-one in their right mind would try to play those.)

2. No.

Posted By

Ty22M3
on 2018-02-22
09:55:33

Thank you for the answer!
For example: "Train" and "Train mission" on this site have only TAP file

Posted By

Ty22M3
on 2018-02-22
10:03:16

Sorry! now i see "original version" link)
Big thanks again.
In childhood my computer was one of the first Plus/4 in USSR. (from Hungаry). Only two books and no any information. I remember how i try use Z80 assemler on Plus/4 ))
and once i find book about Soviet Computer "AGAT"(Агат) with seem processor. About assembler. I was happy.

Posted By

siz
on 2018-02-22
10:50:11

Altough there is no way to download all the games from this site there was a project a long time where you can download a bundle of games to be run from an SD2IEC drive. You can read about that here: http://plus4world.powweb.com/forum/25397

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024