Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2017-12-07
15:17:05
 Re: Just a silly idea.. How about converting some game..

Yeah, sure, the software mouse cursors (Borrowed time, Tass times) are also made with two fixed colors.

I know our limitation, on the other hand I started to prefer Spectrum approach instead of a speudo C64 sprites approach, as the C64 sprites color are typically VERY different from the background, but we just can't do it. Doing it will be a great challange and fun, but I can foresee, it will be very hard to play due to bad visibility on the colorful background. (eg. notice knifes and prevent them)

Recently checking AIT I realized it does not use sprites (I tought it did), but overwrites those few background images. But it is almost not visible side effect, because the majority of the background is black, and the movement is so fast. As the sprite has so different color than ANY of the background objects, it is always easy to recognise your hero. I prefer this way.
Eg. Bubble Bobble on Amiga or Atari ST may work with exactly the same way, and those are still great games, despite they do not have those colorful background images the arcade version has.

But I am not a programmer, just a hobbist hobbit grin

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024