Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Hypex
on 2017-09-04
12:51:33
 Re: Trackloader For The Masses, Not The Classes

Thanks guys.

I was under the impression that Bitfire was stable. And being that it would upload 1541 drive code would be ready to go for support. At least on the C64 side of things.

I've been reading a bit about these speed loaders and they all seem to employ this common 2-bit routine with critical timing. I've come up with my own 3/3/2 routine for transfer of one byte with handshake timing, so to speak. In my head. In this one it uses the clock, data and attention lines to send 3 bits of data from drive to computer. Drive then waits for inverted result. When computer has data it sends inverted bits back to signal it's ready for next lot. Possibly one bit is all that is needed. It collects three bits again. Finally it gets the last two and signals back. A whole byte is stored. It only gets 2 bits on the last transfer because odd bits would be a pain to work with. The only problem would be abusing the attention line if it wouldn't interfere. And of course if the data can be synced like I describe. grin

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024