Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Hypex
on 2017-08-19
02:54:37
 Re: Possible 8501 replacement kit?

@MMS

Perhaps I should have posted the a C16 forum where the CPU board would fit? grin

I don't know if an inverted board would work but there isn't much space. My next suggestion. Stick the CPU in the cartridge slot. happy

A big thanks for a source of CPUs. It's funny as I started Googling 8502 numbers and came up with some of my own just yesterday. This was after finding a "MOS8501 SemiConductor" listed on eBay by Little Diode, from UK. Perhaps I should have ordered some. I sent a PM asking what it was and they said not available. I rephrased my question and finally got a don't know answer.

I Googled that "string" and something came up. I also tried 251536-01 and it comes up as well. An aircraft spare parts place even has them. LOL. The 8501R1 is a good start. But surely the 8501R4 is the superior choice? Not that it burns out any later. wink

One find:
https://www.hkinventory.com/p/d/8501.htm

Can't comment on the heat sink but I've been told this combo works. Arctic Alumina Thermal Adhesive and ICK40B sink.

I'd be in your group purchase but I'm outside the EU and in the AU. So it looks like I'm on my own. However, I recently found a Plus/4 owner in my Amiga group. So perhaps I could do a group purchase for the locals here. I've done it before with Amiga software.

:thumbs up:

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024