Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2017-08-04
08:44:24
 Re: Accents galore: Plus/4 World can...

Yeah, slowly getting there. I converted more tables (and then data).

To expand what I said above about the LIKE operator: so, thanks to the database, searching for "mos" would automatically match "mos", "mós", "mös", and even "mõs" - but not "mős", since that was stored as something like "m######s" (a 5 character sequence representing that letter). This is particularly useful for all of us, as no-one here speaks all the common Plus/4 languages (English, Hungarian, German and Italian), so we don't always know which accent is used in a name.

The reason I brought this up is that currently looking for anything with a simple "á" is broken Searching for "csavargas" produces a hit, but searching for "csavargás" (which is the correct spelling!) does not. It does throw a lot of errors in the back-end ("Illegal mix of collations"), which will be fixed once I convert all the tables, but it's still worrying. Maybe I messed something up in the search code. We'll see. Anyway, please keep your eyes open and test for stuff, let me know if you find anything else broken or behaving odd.

Edit: the issue with á is definitely a problem with the code, not the database. Stay tuned.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024