Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2017-06-02
10:02:30
 Re: There is something (or bug?) about YAPE (1.1.2b).

Hi,
in fact when I made a technical demo in BASIC (comparing snail speed soft sprite emulation in BASIC with GSHAPE, DRAW and POKE methods) I definitely switched to Graphic3 mode, and after some successful tests I saved the program to HDD as PRG.
Next day I reload the saved program, and there was nothing to list.

So I also noticed this (definitely known rule) that after mode change the BASIC reallocates to $4001. But first it was a very confusing and irritating moment, I though I lost 3-4 hours of work.

But in fact, just loading the program as a PRG from menu, will load the PRG to it1s save address, and it is $4001, but if not set to GFX mode in advance, the BASIC will look for the loaded PRG at $1001, and will list nothing after load.
Loading from Disc or Tape is a different matter, as you can use the LOAD"",8 or DLOAD"" method.

So I learned those thsick, for me the solution was to transfer it to a D64 with Disc tool, then load it with DLOAD from D64.

I do not know, is it not possible to identify, if the PRG is a BASIC one, and based on the expetcetd know BASIC start address, load to THAT address the PRG?

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024