Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Charlemagne
on 2017-05-17
16:46:51
 Turbo Vision 4 BASIC (TV4B)

Hello Everybody!

I am a newbie here, in turn I have visited this site for a long time. I spend almost all childhood in front of my Commodore Plus /4 and writing a large number of programs (games, education softwares, utilities, etc.) for it.

After all...

I got a PC and writing much more programs in Pascal, Assembly, C, etc. and in 2009 I have started to develop some kind of Plus/4 emulator called Turbo Vision 4 BASIC in OpenGL. It was developed for about 5 years uninterruptedly. With this application I tried to teach the beauty of the programing with pupils at school.

So if you are so curious to know more about it, please visit my site:

http://www.charlemagne.hu
(Work:TV4B)

Posted By

Lavina
on 2017-05-17
18:32:51
 Re: Turbo Vision 4 BASIC (TV4B)

OMG and we did not know about this? Checking it now.

Posted By

MMS
on 2017-05-18
00:59:10

What a fantastic project! BTW it sound like you worked for Novotrade, right?

OMG that Hollywood Poker looks better than the Amiga one happy

Posted By

JamesC
on 2017-05-18
17:34:16

As much as I would love to play with this, my Win10 installation does not support OpenGL. (It's an issue with the Intel G41 graphics chipset on my motherboard.)

I did try to run it regardless. Keyboard input was slow, missing letters that I typed. And starting up 3+1 caused what seemed to be a "lock", it sat on the 3+1 copyright screen for 30 seconds before I closed the program. But these are most likely due to the missing OpenGL support.

Posted By

Charlemagne
on 2017-05-19
16:27:43

First of all, I would like to thank you for the appreciative words, but I didn't work for Novotrade. I was only a little boy with big ideas and unlimited fantasies... happy

Oh, I see you have found Hollywood Poker. Telling the truth, my "cross brother" and I learnt poker with this game on Commodore Plus /4... happy And in 2013 I have bought some Amigas (in order to write some programs on it of course), too... ...and I could see the original one.

Yes, the development of TV4B was interrupted on 21st of June in 2014 (as you can see in the History). And there are "some" (or a lot of) bugs in it, the project became more complex. Have you tried to install the latest video drivers? It's important to be installed OpenGL, else it's really slow...

p.s.: the capabilities (and developing environment) of TV4B is writen in the User Manual (on 187 pages).

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024