Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2000-06-07
 Daley Thompsons Star Events. (side A)

I call this (side A) beacuse it was better than the real (side A)of the tape which had running events

Long Jump, Shot-Put and javelin are class and today I copyed it over to PC.

I spent most of the afternoon finding the right start code.. The game runs perfect but the banners/logo's are missing as you can see from the screen shot. If anyone wishes to have a look at the game to see if they can find the correct start address please email.

This is not an emulation fault beacuse I reset the real Plus4 with the same start code and it had the same effect on the loss of Banners/logo's.

From testing the game on all emu's it run's best on Winemu ! My finger's are in pain

regards,

Posted By

MIK
on 2000-06-08
 Hi Roy

Cheers for having a look at your D.T.S.E. The GFX data is the last thing to load from the tape and I guessed its some where else in memory. Side B was easy as it give's you the start address on D1000

Was this there way to stop you using the coca cola add's in other games

Posted By

Roy Robinson
on 2000-06-08
 Star Events

Lando

I remember something about this game when I cracked it myself, I believe it loads some data into the screen/colour area ($0800-$0FFF) which I think contains data for the graphics of the banners. I will try and check it out as I still have the original hack tape I did and a Plus 4!!

If anybody wants to correct me on this then please feel free, it has been a long time :-))

Lando, also your site is topz, I was going to do my own site with games etc, but I think I'll just scan covers and send any files I can to yours, if thats ok, I believe I have the original Summer Events tape still, so will try and send scanned cover for you, OK??

Speak soon.

Roy. (Has been C16/+4 Hacker 1984-1990 UK)

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024