Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2017-04-29
16:18:18
 Re: Anyone know anything about the C16/+4 1802 monitor?

OK, UPDATE:
do not repair at home any stuff that is stronger by shaking hands than you, like has 110V or 15KV inside :-)

Sorry for my previous suggestions, as anyone else, I started from myself to drew conclusions. But the fact is, that my profession from secondary school is a power electronics technician.
As I know the possible risks, seems I took them less seriously (because I know by heart, what to NOT touch, and what toolt to be used to be safe).
Still, I had two electric shocks from 230V in my life. (fortunately I was lucky and nothing serious)

Because this knowledge is NOT a basic knowledge, please bring such stuff to an expert / service center.
Your life worth more than those pennies.

UPDATE ON
I remember now why I do not use the Philips monitor. It probably works but I cannot use it.
I have the Philips CM8833 Mark-II. The and it it very close to the Commodore 1804S-P2.

This version does not have SCART socket but has TTL or Analog RGB input and CVBS only.
(good for CGA, Amiga and maybe Spectrum +3 and Amstrad, ATARI VXBE card, but not so good for Commodore 8 bits as only CVBS is avaialble with color wash)

As I have a C= Video to SCART adapter, and had no other converter at home to get the CVBS fromthe scart, I could not load a CVBS signal from the Commodore.
So still not in use, as I have nothing to contact with.
After I cleaned up the mess here (sell the old toys we have) had some space to install it and order a proper cable for it.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024