Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2017-03-11
09:17:51
 Re: Club Info 145 Released!

I had no idea where the original pic came from. I added credit for you in the notes.

To be brutally honest, very few people care about Club Info. My involvement started when I offered to code a small intro for Issue 100. When I saw the title for 107, I thought to myself: "I could have fixed this up in 10 minutes", so I contacted Erich, and he agreed. So for the past 8 years, starting from 109, I've been touching up all the title screens. (Click the More Issues link from any issue to see all the title screens, the slight jump in quality should be obvious.) Erich sends me his selections for the year some time in January (he picks them randomly, I don't know where they come from). He uses a (what's a nice expression...) less-than-optimal converter, so there's usually a lot color clashes. I fix them up the best I can and add the title text. After I while, I also wrote a small boot program for him as well, which basically means the intro pic is compressed and they load the main program. I coded intros when I felt inspired and had the time (133,135,136,140), I don't think people even saw them. For the previous one (Tramiel), his pick was so bad that I did a completely new one on my own.

Although no-one was formally asked, it would have been nice to see if some actual graphicians offered support and did some title screens... Or really, any kind of support for the mag... But well, it is what it is. I'm glad there's new stuff for Plus/4, so I happily put in my time and effort.

Anyway, sorry for the off topic, very nice picture!

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024