Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

BushRat
on 2003-01-18
 Sounds good!

I was just used to dealing with real Plus4s. Either had to rewrite to Ntsc or make combo Ntsc/Pal versions of everything. I know that the Emus don't seem to care, for the most part, but I'm always curious about timing differences (50/60hz) and how they may diddle with normal operation in some of the graphic modes. Anyway the ones that I posted to James and Luca were setup to specifically detect machine type and run properly on either a real Ntsc or real Pal Plus4.

I'm glad that you were able to dissolve the SDA files on something besides an real Plus4. When I started doing the SDAs, it was more convenient for Marko to post that form on Funet. I think that Mike was just starting with the Minus4 Emu, during that period. The Plus4 versions of Lynx, Lib, Arc that I wrote were useful but a lot of new folks just couldn't get the hang of the archivers... so the SDA was just the best route, at the time. Didn't count on the advances in the Emus! You can see, from Vice and CCS64, that decent drive emulation is possible.

You ought to atleast grab a screen from one of the newer ones, like Freecell or RotatoPoker or something. Aces up was pretty old.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024