Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

JamesC
on 2003-01-18
 Csabo -->

Are ya working on Instant Messaging? I can see you online.....

Posted By

JamesC
on 2003-01-18
 Anyone can add me to their MSN Instant Messenger....

the address to search by is doctorduckie @ hotmail dot com.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-01-18
 Yes

It's on my list. The feature I will implement will be called "Private Message". The instant messaging systems use a client/server setup where you need a client on your end that must be installed separately. With a private message you will be able to send a message to anyone that visits here, and the recipient will see the message as soon as the next hit the site (any page). The messages will keep displaying at the top until dismissed or replied by the recipient, in which case the sender gets a confirmation.

As long as I'm discussing site features: "Who's Online" is done (obviously). Search was improved again. As you must have seen it already, the initial message is better, it describes the wildcards. I also implemented a size restriction (must be at least 3 chars). When no hits are returned, the message is more helpful. Software details have been improved a bit, it shows mostly for games like KikStart which has 14(!) download links.

(Off topic: Weird searches performed here by some visitors:
1) wizball; antiriad
2) spindizzy; targ (These are the usual C64 fellows who ends up here)
3) super mario (Some AOL user searched for this, wow!)
4) aero; queen (Are you ever at the wrong place, buddy...)
5) logomaker - nokia; logomaker; logo (A bunch of people actually searched for this, they must get a google hit.)

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024