Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2017-01-09
10:41:29
 Re: Porting to Commodore Plus 4 of my game Genius, memory/bitmap mode questions..

Hi,

The current version is PAL only, so on NTSC machines it won't run correctly, and it comes down to (unnecessarily) overwriting a single bit. Instead of LDA #$xx / STA $FF07, you should do LDA $FF07 / AND #$40 / ORA #$xx / STA $FF07. In other words, leave the $40 bit of $FF07 alone. When I do this manually, the game seems to run fine on NTSC too, so hopefully it's a quick fix.

Other suggestions: I've already said this above, but the auto-start is more of a problem than a helper, and seeing the above comments it seems I was right happy You could easily make it work both ways, that would be the best solution to the end user. Otherwise this is a minor issue, no big deal.

The other thing is the title screen, it just looks odd - like it should be multi-color graphics mistakenly displayed as hires. It's not really a bug or anything, and certainly could be chalked up to artistic choices, I'm just thinking it doesn't do justice to the capabilities of the machine.

Otherwise congrats on making the conversion happen!

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024