Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Twinspirit32
on 2017-01-09
04:34:12
 Re: Porting to Commodore Plus 4 of my game Genius, memory/bitmap mode questions..

Thanks everybody! it would be great to see some vids of the game running on your systems! happy I'm planning to buy a real one soon btw.

for GAIA: I've been testing the game on my main faster pc and speed of music is perfect! I work on a laptop usually which is an entry level and very slow machine, so probably my low cost slower pc was the problem! happy
As for the colors, the main game banner comes from Apple II, I just made a screen shot from the emulator and
stated from there to adapt sizes, positions and then I coloured the bitmap using color characters screen memory. Some of the patterns are pixeled from original Apple II rendering, and so the white gray is obtained with that pixeling effect, anyway no raster use here. I'm trying to keep everything generic, I've rewritten also font output with proprietary routines, I'm pretty much using only IRQ, TED registers and couple of KERNAL routines for random numbers and LOAD/SAVE operations, other than that everything is rewritten, to mininize difficulties of porting in various platforms with 6502 grin

for LUCA: Thanks for the screen shot and for playing the game! grin Joystick should be in port 1, I've tested it
with a USB joystick so far.

for CARRION: Yes it uses autorun as LUCA answered, but anyway the obj file that runs the game is A.O so also LOAD "A.O",8,1 will run the game happy

For MAD: Thanks a lot, yeah for doing animation without sprites, with only straight coding, I needed 3 pages of 8K+800bytes of col/lum. So 26,4 Kb is dedicated to bitmap areas. Pag1/2 for double buffering and Pag3 for background restoring backup area during the characters animation process.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024