Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-01-16
 World of Spectrum C16/C64 and Speccy debate!

Bring it on happy

Some guy called MattLamb has put is neck on the line saying C16 games were better than C64..... Intresting read, even ends up taking about C16 Manic Miner happy

All this on a Spectrum forum!

I could not link direct to the forum page. So head on over, click of Forums/Miscellaneous and check out the postings "The Spectrum and it's rivals..."

http://www.worldofspectrum.org

Posted By

Mosh
on 2003-01-18
 YEAH!

MattLamb only said it because it's true.

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-01-18

Yep I agree with almost all of it wink

Posted By

Mosh
on 2003-01-19
 I have both...

I have both a C64 and a C16 (I currently mostly use a Plus4), and besides running a bunch faster than the C64 (play Jack Attack on either machine and you'll know what I'm talking about), the C16 games tend to be much nicer on the eyes. I tend to prefer C16/+4 games because they do seem to play better.

Posted By

Spector
on 2003-01-19
 I posted on that topic...

Okay, everyone knows that the C64 had the huge software library, but C16 games look better. I have always thought that the C64 high-color palette is the worst ever conceived for any 8-bit machine ever made. The best word I can use to describe it is "functional". It can't seem to show primary colours. It's always off-red, dark-green, lime-blue etc. The Spectrum's high-res crisp monochrome was more appropriate in many applications. The C16 looks so much better than C64 because of this. And Manic Miner is better on the C16, I swear it.

Posted By

TMR
on 2003-01-22
 Colours

And of course, Armalyte on the Plus/4 was so much more colourful too (runs for cover =-)

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024