Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Karen
on 2003-01-12
 Is it possible to copy downloaded games back onto tape and play on a 16 plus4?

Hi,

I purchased a C16 plus 4 for my Mom for xmas, we used to have one years ago, but sold it to get an Atari st, we soon regretted it. I have been trying to locate all of the games we used to have and have found many of them on this web site happy

Is it possible to record them back onto tape so thet they will play on the C16 plus 4? If not, does anyone know where I can get the original games from?

Thanks in advance for any help, and thanks for a great site happy

Best Always,
Karen.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2003-01-12
 Karen -->

Copying these files back onto tape requires a particular cable (an x-1531 cable to be precise) and a 1531 Datasette.

You could always check Ebay for the games. If you could tell if you are in Europe or North America or elsewhere, we can point you toward someone who may be able to get things onto cassette for you.

Posted By

Karen
on 2003-01-18
 thank you James C

I have been looking on Ebay for the games, especially for autozone, but haven't seen it as yet.

I'd like to have a go at transfering the files so I'll have a look around for the cable you mentioned. Thanks for you help,

Best Always,
Karen.
P.S. I live in the UK.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2003-01-18
 Karen -->

These links will open up your mail program (or Hotmail if you've defined Hotmail as your mail provider within Internet Explorer) to send a message to Lando, the webmaster of this site, in England, and Mike Dailly in Scotland.

mail Lando @ Plus/4 World
mail Mike @ Plus4.Com

These two people also post in here from time to time, so it's possible that they will see your request and offer assistance.

Posted By

Spector
on 2003-01-19
 X1531 cable does work

This is what I did a couple of months ago and had a good time at Christmas going through these old games. Some games will not play back to tape, but most of the ones on this site will - and you will find that they load a hell of a lot quicker than you would have been used to back then.
I've actually got Autozone, it came with the C16 I bought on Ebay. I thought it looked like an NES game, so good were the graphics.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024