Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2016-10-09
15:35:50
 Re: A mathematical demo

OFF
Yeah, Acorns were fantastic series of computers with crazy color keyss, but very advanced technology.
Price like gold, speed like a beast, ahead of the others...
I considered once to get one Archimedes, but hey, I cannot spent any time on my Amiga to get it work happy So it would be just the next "garbage" to my lame MUPID-2.
ON
I think it was a miracle, that they could put together the Z80, the 8502 and VIC-II, knowing, that VIC-II can tolerate only 1MHz. (Z80 and VDC could be an interesting option together). Z80 was slew down to 2Mhz, as far as I know.

UPDATE:
I just recently referred your speed test (with all the copyright information :-) ) on Ha'wangarda festival in Poland
Mainly ZX Spectrum and Atari owners/fans were listened, and poeple like the retro art. Because these two machines were not listed, I survived the presentation :-D
(in reality it was a fantastic meeting, though the technical details about Plussy was a little too much for some of the isteners, but after that I got a lot of questions, and few statment, how much this machine is underestimated by the scene)

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024