Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-01-09
 Re: Converting

It's such a coincidence that Luca brought this up, I have been messing around with converting programs too. I haven't successfully managed yet, though happy For programs, I use VICE (X64.EXE) to run/save the games. I have my own disassembler, which works pretty well. It was released once, but then my old homepage went down. I should re-release it again. One thing that I've been wanting to add to it is the C64 comments. (E.g. any refernce to C64 registers would be commented.) The disassembler produces Plus4IDE ready code, so it can be compiled, etc.

What I found though was that I know nothing about the 64. When I look at Plus/4 code, it's like reading plain English (or Hungarian wink), it's like second nature. I can rip apart anything quickly, especially with the new crossplatform tools. But on the 64... I constantly have to look up registers, and I still don't even fully understand what the heck is going on with that memory map (but definitely learned to appreciate how simple the Plus/4's memory map is).

It's a good thing we're talking about this. Anyway about TM: I got as far as taking off the intro/compression. It seems to start at $D9D, so placing a breakpoint there should stop and we can save the memory. (Why couldn't VICE use "B" for breakpoint? Got used to using "B" in YAPE, and now I have to type "BREAK".) However, when I saved it, and tried to load it back, it doesn't work...

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024