Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

bruceiow
on 2016-08-18
14:15:27
 just got a plus4

Just bought a plus 4, had one in the family but it got binned back in the 90s (much to my disgust!!). The unit I got today is a bit yellowed but looks to be pretty sound. Can't wait to get back in to all the old games. This machine looks like it has been laid up for years, is there any maintenance I should do to it to ensure it is good for another 30 years??

Posted By

SVS
on 2016-08-20
12:45:36
 Re: just got a plus4

Hi and welcome.
If all works fine in your Plus4, the lone thing to add for maintainance is heatsinks for both TED and 8501.

Posted By

bruceiow
on 2016-08-19
13:45:20

Thanks, I will read up on that. Sadly the power transformer seems to have an issue, it buzzes really really loudly after ten mins or so of play. Waiting for a recon one to get to me I just want to play!!

Posted By

SVS
on 2016-08-20
12:45:18

Indeed the power supplier can create bad jokes. This because its main transistor is under-sized. On mine, I put a 7805 out of the case and linked to a large aluminium heatsink.
Since then I had no problem.

If you cannot do this (not so easy) mod, I suggest to check the fuse (BTW someone posted a photo of a just bought Plus/4 with the fuse *shorted* by a wire!).

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024