Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Lavina
on 2016-08-02
17:06:56
 Re: Crackers' Demo 5!

yup, pure Monitor. Csabo knows. happy

I've never used anything else for assembler.

These effects I make (lense part in CD4 and this one in CD5) require lots of planning and manual coding. But this is changing now, I've been working on an application that would do the speedcode generation. I actually started planning it on paper the last time we were here in Lopar on Rab Island in Croatia in 2002. grin And now I'm working on it again. The last time we went home, I started programming it in Basic but got stuck really quick. Now it's in VBA and it's already working well, but does not output such an optimized code that I do manually. So if I would use this tool to generate the speedcode for the circle scroll engine it would probably output a working code but it would be longer and slower than what I did manually for CD5 (most of it years ago, Luca got a small screenshot preview back then, I recall).

I will probably try to generate this code and see what's the difference compared to my manual work. grin

So all is left is optimizing the VBA code that optimizes the speedcode generation. happy This is needed to push the boundaries further out to see what else is possible with this technique for effects. happy

This is a great mental challenge for me, I've always wanted to do this and once ready I'll release this tool for public use. It needs MS Excel. happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024