Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

3-plus-1
on 2016-02-20
08:22:48
 Re: Breaking Thru Your Own Rules: Majesty Of Sprites Final!

Ok, I ordered too. Delivery has not to be fast because the next time I have to play with will be christmas when I will put the package under the christmas tree for myself (and my little daughter) to play with. It makes fun to let her use all the technics through the ages together: She tabs on the HP Touchpad to look for the weather, listens to music on tapes, while learning to read and write in the grammar school there is a nearly 100 year old typewriter, my parents have, to fully mechanically type on papers.

Besides "Majesty of sprites", I read about there will be a second version. Ok, you will focus on the plus/4 just because this was the common 264er system in Uk (and hungary). In germany it was the C16. In 1985 the C16 was ground breaking because until autumn 1985 the cost of any computer was 1.000 DM (or much more) ... and then came the offer from the discouter "Aldi" for a real computer for only 149 DM!

This package included not only the C16 but a datasette too. In my opinion many of the first users bought some Mastertronic or Kingsoft games and did not update their system with a disk drive. They went on after a year or to to get a C64 or Amiga when their prices dropped. But the old package went on the attic.

So, if you want to face a new challenge for "Majesty of sprites II" what about adding a MOS-II-Minigame that will be running on an unexpanded C16 or C116?

I think that could be thrilling. And it opens the chance for a third package on Psytronic: Ultra (Premium disk with cassette tape). Ok, you may ask if that will be interesting for customers, but german nerds are a bit strange this way. I don't know the situation in other countries, but here in germany almost all music-distribution stopped to be delivered on tape. You can have the download, a CD or Vinyl. But there is one very popular series, we call "Hörspiel" that is still beeing professionally produced on CD and tape: "Die drei ???" ("The three investigators").

https://www.facebook.com/DiedreiFragezeichen/photos/a.159305054117124.27996.129415137106116/812028118844811/?type=1&theater

So, a special version on tape to get directly used with any C16 right out of the box? As add on in the "Ultra"-package could be a nice offer for all those who rediscover their C16 or C116 and who have nothing more than all that was in the original starter box ... I would buy one!

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024