Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

mozartpc27
on 2016-01-26
18:17:48
 Re: Want to Buy: Commodore 1551

gerliczer, thank you for the clarification. I've never actually owned a 1541 (only have the two 1541-IIs), so it's been a while since I've seen a 1541 in person and in action. I primarily use a 128 with a 1571 & 1581 now.

I have managed to acquire a 1551 through a purchase from the United Kingdom on ebay. Chicken, I appreciate your advice regarding "untested" drives, but I am afraid I decided to roll the dice here on a drive that has been powered on to test, but not otherwise played with. It was originally part of a lot that included a Plus/4, tape drive, monitor, and printer. To ship all of that would have been excessive, so I made a deal with the seller only to acquire the 1551 at the high end of market price based on the last several I looked at.

The seller deals in estate stuff and seems to be very reputable, from what I can tell from his ebay profile. He simply may not have had the equipment or knowledge to properly test the drive. I know the motto here: caveat emptor. I've gambled before and it has paid off; will have to hope for similar results here.

I'll check in as things progress to let you all know how it is going!

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024