Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Spector
on 2002-12-25
 The Xmas C16 festival has begun!

Today was the first day of the C16 revival proper, as I returned to Xmas 1984 playing old C16 games for the first time in years, with a little help from the X1531 cable. One thing that I am impressed by is the colour- the use of shadows on "punchy" is more subtle than just about any other machine of that time. I have two questions that have come from this game-marathon:
Is it harmful to the C16 to disconnect the joystick while the machine is on? (ie, if I want to change from Joy1 to Joy2 for a certain game)
In Xzap, on the second level, there are two squares that move around, one green and one red. Sometimes I am able to shoot the green, but other times the bullet just bounces back, Why is this?
Merry christmas?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-12-25
 Re: The Xmas C16 festival has begun!

Glad to hear you are having retro fun! happy I have switched joystick ports while the machine was on many, many times and nothing ever happened, I'm pretty sure that's safe. Don't know about that XZAP issue. I'd like to suggest one more C=16 classic for you to play: Reach for the Sky. It's one of my favourites, a really cool game, played it a lot...

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-12-25
 Joysticks Pads.

Easy on the C16 festival, it reminds me how old I am but I would give anything to go back in time. Atleast I did'nt have any grey hairs wink

I use most of the time a Sega 6 button joypad with no problems what so ever (B = fire).

I don't recommend using any stick or pad with loads of Auto fire buttons on. A friend used an old amiga stick and it killed TED which was something to do with the auto fires

I also don't know about the xzap problem, not agame I have got into.

Thumbs up for Reach for the Sky here happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024